[SunRescue] help with scsi, mem, etc

CEO Dan Jameyson jameyson at iwosys.net
Fri Aug 6 03:40:41 CDT 1999

This might be a little off topic... but...

I have an ultra5, and I'd love to put a scsi drive in it... so, first, I
need an UW scsi card. I heard somewhere than an adaptec 2940 would work,
but I'm not too sure about that... any advisory on this would be
apperciated.

Also, in upgrading the memory, will it take normal off-the-shelf PC
dimms?

I'm also looking for a german-layout type-5 keyboard and an optical
mouse.

I guess I'd say I'm just starting a Sun collection, and I'd love to have
some older equipment (32bit sparc stuff)... so, if anyone has any
"donations", heh.

Could anyone point me to some good books on Solaris (2.)7 and sun
hardware in general (I so wish I knew more about these nice machines)?

Thanks a ton!

Dan Jameyson
jameyson at iwosys.net