[rescue] "New" SPARCserver 20

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 1 21:07:37 CST 1996

Tyan does make great boards.  Supermicro, Intel, AOpen, and Tyan are about
the only PC board companies with even a shred of reputation for making
stable boards.  A large portion of how poorly a board performs has to do
with the chipset these days.  As I understand it, most companies dont even
really design their own boards, they use Intel/AMD reference designs.  Look
at Tyans Thunder line of boards, they are very high quality, unfortunatly,
it is accompanied by high prices (compared to other x86 hardware).  If you
really want a stable dual slot-1 board, I would avoid the more recent chip
sets and go for either an Intel 440BX/GX chipset, a Serverworks chipset, or
an i840.
    Zach