[geeks] Cheap Processing Threads

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 15:19:00 CDT 2019

Well, the box is together, and the SSD performance is nothing short of
amazing, esp compared to SATA interface-connected hard drives.

I ran some benchmark tests and the results showed performance consistent with
the packaging, and the M.2 PCIe x4 interface enables the modest CPU to really
perform well.

It's got me contemplating adding M.2 NVMe to a couple other trivial boxes that
support them (Dell T30 Xeon boxes) - I need to see what speed the interface
runs at.

I've also seen NVMe to PCI Express x4 add-in cards that look interesting.

Anyway, just wanted to follow-up with results from my efforts.

Lionel