[geeks] [rescue] Fwd: Wifi-Ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 18 05:17:02 CDT 2019

" From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
"
" On 7/16/19 5:22 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
" > On 7/16/19 4:14 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" >>  i know
" >> they do fiber b/c my friend in atkinson got it from fairpoint not long
" >> after they took over from verizon.
" >
" > Huh.  Interesting.  I've not heard one word about either Fairpoint or
" > Consolidated rolling fiber to rural NH since Verizon sold off their
" > physical infrastructure to Fairpoint (and Fairpoint almost went under
" > trying to absorb it).
"
" After finding out where Atkinson *IS*, I'd be prepared to bet that's
" fiber Verizon had already laid before they sold off the NNE physical
" plant.  I'd bet Fairpoint never laid a meter of new residential fiber
" since they took it over, and my guess is Consolidated hasn't either.

i have to concede that's possible.  my info is secondhand and old
enough to have faded somewhat.