[geeks] [rescue] Fwd: Wifi-Ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Jul 16 16:22:59 CDT 2019

On 7/16/19 4:14 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
> "
> " I'd have to check with Consolidated communications, but multihoming with
> " a DSL link MIGHT be an option.  God alone knows what data rate we'd get.
> "  Probably pretty terrible.
>
> consolidated says they cover nh, with pkgs up to 100 mb/s.

Exactly, "up to".  We're ...   Well, we might be limited to ISDN rates
because we're so far out of the nearest CO, which is probably Laconia.
OR, we might get lucky and there's a DSLAM right down the bottom of the
road because of Gunstock Mountain.

>  i know
> they do fiber b/c my friend in atkinson got it from fairpoint not long
> after they took over from verizon.

Huh.  Interesting.  I've not heard one word about either Fairpoint or
Consolidated rolling fiber to rural NH since Verizon sold off their
physical infrastructure to Fairpoint (and Fairpoint almost went under
trying to absorb it).

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications