[geeks] SMB and Solaris

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 10 11:56:42 CDT 2019

On 7/10/19 12:53 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> So two quick (I hope) questions.
>
> 1 b Has anyone ever figured out a way to update Solaris 11.3 to a
> release that can update-in-place to Solaris 11.4 *without* a support
> contract?
>
> 2 b Does anyone know of a way to configure Solaris 11 to use SMB2 for
> its ZFS SMB sharing?  I was reminded of this latter issue by seeing an
> announcement that Samba will henceforth be disabling SMB1 by default.

(Or in fact, maybe I misunderstand here and it already does use SMB2,
since I see that article makes rewference to "loss of SMB1 support" in
Windows, but the latest Win10 release is still connecting just fine to
asgard's SMB shares just fine ...  anyone know a way I can *VERIFY*
which SMB protocol version is being used?)

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net