[geeks] Odd KVM question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:09:14 CST 2019

The mechanical switches are OK, but Sub-optimal.

A KVM has logic, and that logic needs power, absent a host PC to siphon power
off of, where will it be powered from?

There are 'brain dead' KVMs that have USB connections that MIGHT work fine if
the USB connector is plugged into a USB power brick (like for a cellphone).
The brain dead ones have a physical switch, they don't have 'hot keys'.

Lionel