[geeks] netgear fan replacement help

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Feb 7 16:09:38 CST 2019

" From: Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org>
"
" Netgear has a lifetime warranty, and if they don't produce the switch
" anymore, they'll swap you to a (better) model that they do make.  It might
" make more sense than spending $40 on fans...

would this still apply even though i'm not the original buyer?

at $40 i would be thinking twice, but $20 didn't sound bad for a box
that still sells on ebay for twice that.

as for faster gear - i wired my place with cat6 and i would just as
soon leave it, particularly as it's faster than i am.  otoh newer
gear, esp. fanless [the only moving part] has its attractions.