[geeks] netgear fan replacement help

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:17:40 CST 2019

Whoa, I did not check what model switch that was, had no idea OP was
talking about replacing fans in a 10/100 unmanaged switch. I recommend
recycling the switch, and either getting a fanless gigabit unmanaged switch
if you're on a budget (they are very cheap these days), or maybe
considering planning for the future if you have some money and look at some
10gig options. For short runs, the Netgear GS110MX-100NAS can do 10gig over
CAT 7, is unmanaged, and costs $200. The MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+IN has four
SFP+ cages and an RJ-45 gigabit LAN port, runs $175 and is good if you need
more cabling flexibility and manageability (800MHz CPU, 512MB RAM, can run
MikroTik RouterOS L5 or SwitchOS).