[geeks] netgear fan replacement help

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Feb 7 14:23:41 CST 2019

just discovered the fan in my netgear fs524 has started howling.  it's
been living next to the dsl modem and demarc in my unheated basement
for several years but the recent bitter cold may have affected it.

snooping and poking around on the net reveals that it's a 40mm*2 *
20mm 5v 7.5-8.0 cfm fan - right?  i'm not sure of the power
connector though.  can anyone here verify the details?

ebay shows 2 vendors i've never heard of with exact-replacement fans
for $20, but i'd prefer to buy from newark or digikey if only i knew
exactly what to order...