[geeks] [rescue] SMF confuseth me still

William Enestvedt wenestvedt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 18:04:41 CDT 2017

Well, my train of thought was around a service that hadn't completed starting
yet formally, even though functionally it was online.

Like if there's a service that requires a file on an NFS share or something,
where a timeout is pretty long, but the rest of the features are available.

But the verbose output of SMF would be handy, as well as the log file for that
facility (service). 'svcs -xv' should say something useful, if memory serves.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
wenestvedt at gmail.com