[geeks] Ran the numbers - V240

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Nov 9 19:45:26 CST 2017

>> How does reliability fit in?  What is the MTBF for rPi?  (I have no
>> clue.)

Well, pis usually run Linux; there probably are alternatives, but AIUI
the pi is not documented enough for any of them to be much good (which,
if true, also probably means that Linux on a pi depends on binary-blob
drivers and thus is not truly open source - do any of you know the pi
well enough to know whether I'm off base here?).

The V240 is at least capable of running something approaching a real
OS, though, given Sun's penchant for not documenting their hardware
(and I can't believe Oracle didn't continue that tradition), it may
well not be cable of anything even as close as Linux-on-a-pi is to open
source.

How much either of those matters to you, of course, only you can say.
(They sure would matter to me, though, were they my machines.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org