[geeks] Safe keyboard lube?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Mar 10 08:35:59 CST 2017

On 03/10/17 07:45, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:16:20 -0500, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a recently-purchased Perixx ergonomic keyboard.  ...No, it does
>> not have mechanical switches.  OH YE GODS OF TECHNOLOGY I would love
>> to find a decent split/wave-type ergonomic keyboard with mechanical
>> switches.  But there pretty much ain't no such animal.  The closest
>> thing is...
>
> ...a Kinesis Advantage?

I have considered the Kinesis Advantage many times.  I actually had, and
missed, the opportunity to try one out once.  I freely admit to
trepidation about the learning curve.

I bought a Truly Ergonomic keyboard, and liked it a lot at first until
it developed an absolutely terrible keybounce problem and Customer
Service started ignoring me.  It has developed an entirely unenviable
reputation for firmware issues and unresponsive customer support, with
some buyers resorting to legal action to make Truly Ergonomic honor the
warranty.  I eventually gave up on mine in disgust and regretfully threw
it away.

--
   Phil Stracchino
   Babylon Communications