[geeks] Safe keyboard lube?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Mar 9 13:16:20 CST 2017

I have a recently-purchased Perixx ergonomic keyboard.  ...No, it does
not have mechanical switches.  OH YE GODS OF TECHNOLOGY I would love to
find a decent split/wave-type ergonomic keyboard with mechanical
switches.  But there pretty much ain't no such animal.  The closest
thing is...

...But I digress.  Anyway, the problem is some of the key caps are
sticking and binding in their guides.

Now, when I had this problem before on a previous keyboard, I tried
lubricating the key guides with a teflon-based gun lube.  It worked
beautifully ...  right up until the solvents in the lube ate the plastic.

So:  Has anyone ever figured out a safe lubricant to use on plastic
membrane keyboards?

--
   Phil Stracchino
   Babylon Communications