[geeks] Stop-A on VT525

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:19:40 CST 2017

On 17/01/2017 19:30, Mouse wrote:
>> I currently have my Netra T1-105 hooked up to a VT525 DEC terminal
>> and am trying to persuade it to talk to me.
>
>> It works, unsurprisingly, but I can't Stop-A it from the Terminal to
>> drop onto the OBP prompt.
>
>> Anyone know the key incantation for that on a real VT?
>
> I don't know the Netra or the VT525.  But Suns of my experience running
> with serial console do that on break.  So, I'd suggest you start by
> figuring out how to make the VT525 generate a break condition on the
> serial line.

That was my first assumption. I hit F5 because that' sends a break and
it didn't. Hence my confusion. I probably missed something.

Either that or I am forgetting something about UltraSPARC II era
hardware? I yanked the hard drives while I test it ant it's trying to
netboot (it'll struggle!) So it's stuck in a timeout loop. From my
memory Stop-A/BREAK drops it out of the loop to the OBP?

Re-educate me with heavy wooden objects if I'm wrong there by all means :)

--

Mark Benson
twitter.com/MDBenson