[geeks] music collection flac and mp3 by device

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Sep 30 13:28:39 CDT 2016

On 09/30/16 14:15, Nathan Raymond wrote:
> Regarding what Picard doesn't have, you can join their community (I did)
> and now when I rip an album that is not in their database (which is rare),
> I scan the artwork and submit the tracks to the database, and pretty much
> right away the Picard app will pick up the new entry and use it. I feel
> better about that than if I just one-off manually entered the metadata just
> locally for my own purposes alone.

Yeah, I always submitted any new CDs I rip with Grip to freedb.  (And
corrections to existing ones where there's errors in the freedb data.)
But I can't right now because bitrot has crept into Grip's CD-metadata
editing pane, and I haven't been able to figure out what's going wrong
with Grip's GTK+ interface because GDB Insight is broken with current
versions of tcl and hasn't been updated, and ....

...Oh, look, a yak.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications