[geeks] Looking for a specific (older) model of a Raspberry Pi

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Wed Sep 21 13:43:29 CDT 2016

I'm not sure how on/off topic this is, I suspect it's ok, but if it
ruffles your feathers, please accept my apologies.

I completed a project for the Iowa Historical Museum a few years ago and
since it's been in production some... niggles... have turned up and I'd
like to do a 'version 1.1' for the project.

The project used a Raspberry Pi Model B and due to various design choices
(like the Pi storing its firmware on the SD card) I really need to use the
original board to bring up a development system and start to fix some of
my system quirks.

Unfortunately finding an original Pi Model B has proven quite difficult -
B+s can be found easily enough, along with Pi2s and later revisions, but
the original B (smaller 26 pin GPIO port, RCA port composite video
connector, fullsize SD card slot) seems unfindable at the moment at
anything like a reasonable price. Most places that claim to have it
(Adafruit, et al) don't actually have them in stock it appears.

I don't suppose anyone has an original Pi B in a box somewhere I could
purchase?

My thanks for your time, apologies for the noise.

  - JP