[geeks] OSX 10.6.x Install disc images?

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Thu Mar 10 14:24:46 CST 2016

Replying to myself, but I would like to say thank you to all of the people
who helped out. After a bunch of faffing around I managed to get OSX
10.6 reinstalled and Final Cut Studio installed.

Unfortunately it turns out Apple writes their installers precisely as well
as you'd expect and it isn't able to install on machines with graphics
cards that it can't identify... such as an iMac that is 5 years newer. As
such, I can't actually use this rather expensive iMac with the fantastic
hardware.

Anyone any good at debugging Mac binaries to break an installers graphics
card check? :)

(Mostly I'm grumbling about Apple and their installer to people who would
understand).

Thanks again to all, nevertheless!

  - JP