[geeks] Opinions & Experience with Microsoft Surface Pro 4?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Jan 31 11:27:49 CST 2016

> On Jan 29, 2016, at 4:48 AM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm mulling over buying a (much) better tablet than my Nexus 7 FHD.
>
> The Surface Pros *look* really nice hardware-wise. Plays they are packing
> powerful CPUs, reasonable RAM and storage, and a full featured OS.
>
> However they are expensive and also there are some mixed reviews out there
> for the Pro 4, a lot of which mention software bugs and issues that haven't
> been fixed (at least on their unit). The warranty terms aren't that
> favourable either, but they love ok similar to Apple's TBH.
>
> Anyone got any input?

I have some coworkers who were big fans of the earlier Surface pros say that
they have been disappointed with the newer ones because of the software bugs
you mentioned.  Their opinions are biased as they are fans of almost all
things Microsoft.  When i hear positive things about Microsoft products from
them i take it with a grain of salt, so to me it carries a lot of weight when
they say they are unhappy with the newer surface pros.

Personally, i have little experience with them, they strike a balance between
tablet and laptop that to me is not appealing.