[geeks] Looking for a rackmount case for SunHELP

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Feb 25 13:23:46 CST 2016

I have all the parts for the new ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp.org here,
*except* a decent case.

So, I'm asking for suggestions.

Requirements:

- Rackmount (but I don't need rails, just rackmount form factor; probably
  going to put it in a "LACK Rack" made out of ikea furniture)

- Needs 3 external-facing 5.25" drive bays, so I can put a 4-in-3 hot
  swap SATA drive cage in. I can't afford a case with native hot swap
  SATA bays; the site(s) bring in zero income.

- hence it probably needs to be 3U/4U

- Takes standard ATX power supply, holds ATX motherboard

- probably most important:  short-depth (15.5" or so)

- HOPEFULLY under $100

Ideas?

Bill

--