[geeks] Tablets: (was: Opinions & Experience with Microsoft Surface Pro 4?)

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:53:23 CST 2016

On 31/01/2016 17:27, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> I have some coworkers who were big fans of the earlier Surface pros say that
> they have been disappointed with the newer ones because of the software bugs
> you mentioned.  Their opinions are biased as they are fans of almost all
> things Microsoft.  When i hear positive things about Microsoft products from
> them i take it with a grain of salt, so to me it carries a lot of weight when
> they say they are unhappy with the newer surface pros.

Indeed. That's almost as big as an Apple fan admitting Apple's stuff has
issues... I said 'almost' ;)

This seems to be the theme running through everything I read about the
SP4. Great hardware, powerful, well built, slim, light etc. but the
software is painful. Also some reviews have pointed the occasional
finger at the hardware layout being a bit awkward.

I can't afford one anyway now I run the numbers so it's kinda academic :)

I've diverted to looking at an Xperia Z4 tablet online. I have an Xperia
z3 phone and it's damned impressive. They're expensive but ship with a
Bluetooth keyboard/stand which is something I'd have bought separately
anyway.

I'm wanting to avoid Samsung because they have crappy ideas about a lot
of things that get up my damn nose. Plus I don't trust their suspect
advertising strategy, some of the stuff their new TVs does is just
barbaric. I'm pretty sure it'll creep in to their mobile stuff too if it
hasn't already.

--

Mark Benson