[geeks] Stripping cat6/6e

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Aug 30 22:24:28 CDT 2016

> Yeah, I already use a set of side cutters for the spline.  It's
> stripping the outer jacket without damaging cores that's been giving
> me grey hairs.

Personally, I use a small pair of dikes repeatedly (some three or four
snips, typically) to cut the outer jacket back far enough, then, if
called for, use the thread to cut it back as far as desired.  Then snip
goes the inner plastic piece and all is good.

This experience comes mostly from a couple of days in a telecomm room
wiring up much of one floor of a building.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org