[geeks] Solaris on CP2140 problem

Plamen Mihaylov plamenspam at afterpeople.com
Thu Sep 10 11:53:45 CDT 2015

I've tried to install Solaris 8,9 and 10( the last was downloaded from
Oracle website),
 on CP2140 - a Sun's compact PCI board and each time it gives me same
warning for ttymux0 and I can't enter anything from serial line after this:

ok boot net
Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/network at 1,1  File and args:
Requesting Internet Address for 0:3:ba:8b:8c:d5
SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_147147-26 64-bit
Copyright (c) 1983, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
WARNING: could not find portid or nodeid property in multiplexer

SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up
Configuring devices.
WARNING: Postattach failed for ttymux0

WARNING: could not find portid or nodeid property in multiplexer

WARNING: Postattach failed for ttymux0

Do I need a special patch or something ?

Regards,
Plamen