[geeks] Neat $100 Windows 10 computer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:16:19 CST 2015

Forced to choose, I'd rather have wifi than on-board Ethernet. USB Ethernet
adapters are cheap, and with a 'free' USB 3.0 port, gigabit Ethernet is
possible.

This looks like a nice item for this small PC - a three port USB 3.0 hub and
gigabit NIC:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA22F3H71809

$43 as a refurb, plain USB 3.0 adapters are as cheap as about $12 + S/H

Lionel

Ken
> On Nov 4, 2015, at 5:52 AM, Steve Haavik <shaavik at soc.lib.md.us> wrote:
>
> I found a note somewhere that Minecraft worked on it with the lowest
graphics settings. I've got one coming. If nothing else it'll become a cheap
MAME box. Or I'll send it to my nephew, it's got more cpu than what he
currently plays on. I just wish it had ethernet on the dock.