[geeks] Neat $100 Windows 10 computer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:11:33 CST 2015

I know it's considered 'unusual' to discuss Windows computers, but I just
wanted to share a system I got last week for a very specific purpose - I
thought others might find it interesting.

It's the Infocus (the projector people) Kangaroo PC. It has a quad-core atom
(1.44 GHz), 2 gig RAM, 32 gig storage, accepts a microSD card for additional
storage, has one USB 2.0 port and one USB 3.0 port, along with HDMI
video/audio out. It also (oddly) includes a 4 hr battery. It comes with
pre-installed a Windows 10 (home, 64 bit), but I bet the hardware would
support other OSes... (Just speculation at this point)

It is slightly larger than a 2.5" portable HD and is available at newegg.

More info is available at www.kangaroo.cc

I am going to use mine for a PlaySDR and another to put a ham radio on the
Internet for remote access...

As I said, I thought some might find it interesting.