[geeks] FreeBSD and FDDI

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu May 21 22:03:17 CDT 2015

Hey,

Hope somebody can help here.

fpa0: <Digital DEFPA PCI FDDI Controller> port 0xec00-0xec7f mem
0xfebdbc00-0xfebdbc7f,0xfebc0000-0xfebcffff irq 18 at device 6.0 on pci13
fpa0: Initialization failed.
device_attach: fpa0 attach returned 6

I had it working before...somewhat, it attached but saw no packets, I
powercycled everything once I saw ifconfig: unknown media type 0x0.

It worked to an extent...but it saw all kinds of RX errors I could see no
reason for on Linux.

Anyone have experience with these on FreeBSD?  I have no choice in the
matter regarding whether or not I use.

The card has ... a lot of NICs to say the least.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff