[geeks] Best way to bridge FDDI (CDDI) <----> Ethernet<--->Ethernet?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon May 4 23:02:17 CDT 2015

> On May 4, 2015, at 10:19 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 4 May 2015, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>

>> Catalyst 5000 with FDDI card, WS-C1400 with CDDI and FDDI cards.  Neither
of
>> them have pentiums in them, if you look at them from far away they look
small
>> and if you never pick them up you wonbt know how heavy they are. :)
>
> Already got a 1400 (or similar? Lists itself as a "CDDI/FDDI concentrator")
but I have no clue where the hell to find the cards. ;)

Well, the WS-C1400 wonbt get you to ethernet by itself.  I only mentioned it
because i didnbt think you could get a CDDI card for the cat5k, but looking
into cat5k modules, it turns out that i was wrong.

Looking for module info, I found this page that seems to cover your
cisco-based options pretty well:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/fiber-distributed-cop
per-distributed-data-interface-fddi-cddi/10576-54.html

I donbt know how common any of those modules are, however.  If you happen to
be somewhere near northeastern Illinois, I might give mine away since I
havenbt powered it on in years, but I donbt think itbs really worth
shipping a cat5k.