[geeks] FreeBSD Laptop

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:55:41 CDT 2015

Don't fret - they typically only offer a few configs w/ Linux, all the other
laptops get Windows to earn Dell MS advertising subsidies.

I would almost guarantee the higher-res screen is linux compatible, they just
couldn't rely on sufficient sales to justify the extra SKU.

Lionel

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> wrote:
>
> The previous XPS 13 explicitly supported Linux, even had a SKU with Linux
pre-loaded.

> I don't see one for the new model with the improved screen.  That worries
me.

>> On 03/11/2015 12:29 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> The Dell XPS 13 in its high end config, is an inch larger in the screen,
about as high res as the newly announced MacBook (the superthin one), and the
same price or less: