[geeks] FreeBSD Laptop

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Mar 11 11:29:42 CDT 2015

The Dell XPS 13 in its high end config, is an inch larger in the screen, about as high res as the newly announced MacBook (the superthin one), and the same price or less:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9343-laptop/pd

i5 instead of lowpower CPU, 2 USB ports, SD reader, etc.

Myself, I pretty much treat laptops as near-disposable beasties these days - buy a new one every 3 years was my prior plan; but with the loaded refurb I got, I might go new-to-me refurb every 2 years instead (same or less cash outlay per-month).

With everything being sealed these days on the Mac side, it is another strike against buying one.  Can't replace the battery, or add more RAM? Basically they are turning their laptops into very expensive iPads.

--Patrick