[geeks] VPN behind BT Business Hub 5

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:27:07 CDT 2015

Hi,

I dunno if you guys have any experience here, but BT have just told us
we can upgrade to Infinity for Business and we're going ahead on the
basis that out current, very slow ADSL connection is strangling our
ability to do business as an online retailer. It's also cheaper (go
figure).

We get to keep our Fixed IP and we also get a free BT Business Hub 5.
Although the hub has VPN pass-through and/or can be configured to
allow port access to a VPN system on the LAN side, it has no VPN stack
of it's own (which I prefer, as I don't really trust BT with such
things).

I basically need a VPN access from out side OR a usable alternative
(ssh tunnels?) that'll allow me access to the company intranet and LAN
when I'm off-site. What are my options?

--

Mark Benson