[geeks] Upgraded my Ham license today...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Jan 18 11:26:24 CST 2015

" From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
"
" On 01/17/15 22:21, Lionel Peterson wrote:
" > No offense taken.
" >
" > I bought a home in an HOA neighborhood, I too am looking for a 'stealthy'
" > antenna solution. My go-to idea is a 43' stick in the back yard, something I
" > can collapse/extend as needed...
"
" I continue to believe that HOAs are spawns of evil and will not buy or
" rent a dwelling covered by a HOA.  It's voluntarily submitting to the
" whims of (usually) little tin Nazis.  They couldn't even successfully
" run for *town dogcatcher*, but heeeeey, they can get control of the HOA...

i grew up in a hoa neighborhood, and it arose from a real need.  it
was the first postwar development in town, some little distance out of
town, and the town wouldn't approve a water hookup, so we had to set
our own little water district up, with wells and a storage tank and
everything, for soem 80-odd houses.

took the town a few years to realize they were missing out on water
taxes...  but then we connected at a single point and bought in
volume, and didn't get individual meters until after i'd grown up and
left.

this also gave us the ability and option to floridate our water before
the town did, and my dentist used to say he could tell who was from my
neighborhood just from our teeth.

little tin nazis are a part of the human condition.  machiavelli's
'the prince' is a manual for the political animal, and while methods
and weapons change, the lust for power remains the same.