[geeks] Upgraded my Ham license today...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 16:21:01 CST 2015

Hello all,

So for the last few weeks I'd been studying to upgrade my ham license to
General, and my work paid-off - I passed the General exam this morning!

Then, at the insistence of my fellow radio club members I tried my hand at the
Extra exam - which I also passed! I thought they were pulling my leg when they
told me I'd passed.

Hopefully my story will encourage others to consider going for either their
first license or an upgrade to their current license... It wasn't as hard as I
would have thought. The ARRL has a free exam simulator on their website, and
I've got a free General study guide I'll happily send to anyone here
interested - just contact me off-list.

Lionel