[geeks] mpt-statusd fun

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 07:00:01 CST 2015

Hi

Got a wee silliness with Debian 7 on our Dell PowerEdge T610.

The system has 2 LSI Raid Cards in, one SCSI and one SAS. The SCSI card was
provided by Dell to run and external ULT tape drive which bit the dust a
couple of years ago. It no longer has anything attached. Debian installed
mpt-statusd for RAID monitoring (or I might have installed it, I forget)
which is a useful tool for reporting RAID issues on the SAS RAID
controller. However because both cards are compatible mpt-statusd monitors
both. Since rebooting the T610 (we relocated all our servers a couple of
days ago) mpt-statusd keep carping (emailing my user every 2 hours) about
the SCSI card having no drives on it. I solved the issue before but (like a
moron) didn't write the solution down.

In short, does anyone know how to persuade mpt-statusd to ignore the SCSI
controller and only monitor the SAS controller? Everywhere online I
Google'd suggests removing mpt-statusd entirely which is obviously stupid
in this case as it's monitoring the system's RAID drives.

Thanks,

--

Mark Benson