[geeks] cheap, secure wifi router?

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Fri Dec 18 13:26:26 CST 2015

On 12/18/2015 04:01 AM, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> Did you flash some sensible flavour of *BSD onto any of the
> edgerouters?

As far as I know, none of the BSDs support the networking hardware in
the ER3-Lite.

So if you install FreeBSD, it works fine, but performance drops
considerably.  It is my understanding that this is because 100% of the
routing has to be done on the control plane.

The control plane is no slouch (dual-core 500 MHz MIPS) but you're not
going to push a gigabit of traffic through it.