[geeks] rescue Digest, Vol 157, Issue 6

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:15:49 CST 2015

We know an Iraqi refugee family.  The wife went to work for a newly-founded
cleaning service.  As the business grew, the wife earned more.   (The
business was run as a co-op.)  Not only did the wife earn money but she
also travelled about the city, interacted with her team-mates, clients and
store people, that is, it was a big social outlet for her.  Once the
business started turning a profit and her wages (share of the co-op)
reached a certain point, the Federal Government reduced the familybs
housing (welfare) payment.  The husband forced the wife to quit so that
they would not lose the Federal housing subsidy (welfare).  This family has
been in the USA for at least five years.

Paying more encourages those courageous people who will take responsibility
for themselves to do even more.  Though, it seems, there are many more who
love the Federal teat and hate the disruption.

I know small business owners who have told me the same thing throughout the
years b if you raise the pay of welfare recipients, they risk a loss of
bbenefitsb (welfare).

This problem is caused by some Do-Gooder, IMHO.  Federal Government
involvement is detrimental to the citizenry and local communities when long
term welfare for the able-bodied is concerned.