[geeks] [rescue] PS2 KVMs

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:48:07 CST 2014

IP KVMs ARE expensive, I like my Cat5 KVM (Dell DS161 - from memory) - it
hangs on the side of my rack, offers TWO PS/2 & VGA consoles, and supports
either PS/2 or USB dongles. If I need more ports, expanded are easily
available off eBay.

USB dongles are about $30, PS/2 less than half that.

I plan on using a KVM extender on one console port for 'remote' access my vet
hardwire Cat5.

There are similar Dell/Avocent Cat5 KVMs that support IP access to the KVM
console, they approach reasonable prices on the used market as I recall.

Lionel