[geeks] Anyone have exp with/alternatives for this

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 10:41:13 CST 2014

The IcyDock device terminates in two SATA connections, I was looking for a
device that could slide into a Hot Swap tray, like the Addonics device
previously shared.

The need for RAID is to consolidate the two drives into one logical drive for
the one physical SATA port.

The discontinued IcyDock device I referenced initially also supported 'Port
Multiplier' mode, meaning two discrete, un-associated drives are presented to
the OS over one connection. That would be great, but few Intel on-board
controllers (if any) support Port Multipliers.

An example application would be to stuff two high-capacity 2.5" drives in a
system like a SFF Dell 755.

The RAID feature is a necessary evil in my opinion, not so much a desired
feature...

Lionel