[geeks] [rescue] Looking for small AT power supply

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Thu May 29 21:40:13 CDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:30:05PM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've dug out my Apple Replica 1 that I built over 8 years ago, and after
> tossing through a few old Pentium boxes in the basement I found a working AT
> power supply and established the system works fine.
>
> My question now is, does anyone have a line on a physically small AT power
> supply? Right now I have a fully-functional PS & power switch, but it is 'full
> size' (AKA as big as an ATX PS). I'd love a much smaller power supply, if one
> is available.
>
> Later Retro 1 computers are USB powered, but back when this was built, AT
> power supplies were fairly widely available.
>
> Link to current Retro 1 offering:
>
> http://www.brielcomputers.com/wordpress/?cat=17
>
> Any suggestions for a small AT PS would be appreciated.

I just dug out the schematic for my early edition Replica-1. As far
as I can tell, all you need is +5VDC, unless you are using the +/-12V
for something connected to it, such as some older parallel ASCII keyboards
needed -12V. I suggest just ordering a 5V 1A regulated wall wart from
Jameco if you don't already have one in a junk box, and splice it onto
an AT PS pigtail if you don't want to solder wires onto the board.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)