[geeks] 256 Meg EDO ECC RAM available - lots of it

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon May 26 16:43:58 CDT 2014

On 05/26/14 17:34, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On a related topic, what can one do with older CPUs? I have a pretty big pile
> of P3 Xeon, regular P3, and some old 300 MHz (and slower) UltraSPARC CPUs.
> There must be someone that takes these for the gold inside... Any suggestions
> other than arts & crafts projects?

Years ago, I had a tray of prototype UltraSparc IV CPUs that I ended up
distributing out to listers as paperweights when I desperately needed
money from any source.  But P3s probably don't make very interesting
paperweights, and BGA CPUs make much better paperweights than PGA ones
anyway.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications