[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:22:37 CDT 2014

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the things that irritates me about this debate is that too often,
> one side is shouting "Liberal!  Liberal!  Liberal!", and the other is
> shouting "Conservative!  Conservative!  Conservative!"

As the one that, for lack of a better word, 'caused' this debate, let me
just add that I am very happy to be part of a community (here on Geeks)
that has not devolved into name calling at anytime during this discussion -
people expressed personal opinions, typically backed up by statistics [0]
and were debated on the merits of their arguments.

When this conversation started, I was fearful of it's outcome - my fears
have been for naught.

Thanks,

Lionel

[0] "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com