[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon May 19 08:54:26 CDT 2014

On 05/19/14 07:06, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> In a country of over 300 million, we have many extremists on all sides of
> almost any issue. It's certainly possible it occurred, but I suspect the
> reality may have been a bit less extreme than as was reported in Mother Jones
> magazine. In my experience Mother Jones is a very one-sided publication and as
> such can be prone to overstating things to fire up folks on their side.

I posted about this myself a few days ago.  There is a complaint at one
point in that article that gun owners never call people to task for the
behavior described in the article.

That complaint is a blatant lie.  We do, *all the time*.  And we
apologize for the assholes, and we wish they'd get the hell off our side
because they're making the rest of us look bad.  But Mother Jones and
HuffPo and the anti-gun organizations will never, ever acknowledge it.
Because it doesn't fit the anti-gun script that we're all raving,
frothing baby-killing extremists armed with undetectable ghost
machineguns that fire a million rounds a second and can be concealed in
a cigarette packet.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications