[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:50:34 CDT 2014

That would be a regular, flat blade screwdriver and the statistic was for
murder.  It appeared that the conversation dealt this gun deathsbnot thief
or threats.

When I was in Chicago, I was robbed at knife point.

When I was in Memphis, a gang wanted to include me in the gang-member
initiation and I was accosted with a small caliber hand gun.  (I was
walking my dog and my dog must have distracted enough to make his aim poor.
 The perspective gang member fired from about 2b with the gun pointed at my
face and missed.)

Gangs tend to like guns and use them more frequently than other murders.
 Gun, as we are all aware, make a statement to ignorant people.

Back to screwdrivers.  A M.D. told me once that a Phillips-head screwdriver
makes a more ragged wound than a flat blade screwdriver.  The hole is hard
to repair and the scar is larger and more noticeable.

The use of ice-pick-to-screw-driver-to-Ikea-bookcase (or whatever) relates
that most murders are crimes of passion and escalating emotions.  You are
more likely to be murdered by a family member, house mate, or a work mate
than from violence outside the home.  (Thatbs why the cops go after the
spouse in the case of a death.)