[geeks] Mac Mini and Mavericks - no audio

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 27 00:45:26 CDT 2014

On 26 Mar 2014, at 17:05 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Before I head off to the 'Genius Bar' with my daughter's Mac Mini I thought
> I'd ask here - anyone have any thoughts about a Mac Mini (C2D model, the
> ones with the DVD drive built-in) that lost all audio out after upgrading
> to Mavericks? It doesn't see any audio hardware EXCEPT my AppleTV in
> another room.
>
> This unit was upgraded to Mavericks, not a clean install, and audio worked
> fine until I upgraded the OS.

I have heard of this, but so far I just have read reports, not solutions.

Some said they fixed it with a reinstall.

I have Mavericks 10.9.2 running on my 2006 Mac Pro, audio is fine. Runs great
on this old beast.

I have some interest in this so if I happen to come across solutions, will try
to remember to post here for you.