[geeks] Wiring question

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:33:14 CST 2014

On 3/7/14, 8:23 AM, Mouse wrote:

>> On the other hand, if you're planning on selling the house in a
>> couple of years it might be a selling point for some.  It won't add
>> any value to the house though.
> How could "a selling point for some" _not_ add value?

That's the weirdness of real estate. Things like surround sound wired
living rooms, Ethernet throughout the house, hot tubs, well tended
gardens, and quite a few other items don't add value to the house. But
they're items that might push a certain seller over the edge to buy a
specific house over another.

I live in the "Silicon Forest" and plan on renting my house out. For me
it made sense to install Cat6 because it'll be attractive to tech
workers. But the couple thousand it cost me didn't add any value to the
house at all.

--

Thank you very much!
Rick Hamell