[geeks] Seriously?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 24 16:47:12 CDT 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I understand paying a premium for smaller, but that's insane - I an
> hard-pressed to figure out why, outside of a Hollywood spy thriller,
> anyone would need such a thing/justify the expense.

There's a definite use-case for people who may need to carry a varied
test/development environment around with them, but may not wish to carry a
notebook with them.

One could easily throw a Linux distribution with virtualization support on
there which could turn any spare PC into a test lab.

Apart from price, this would be great for me if I were still in college.
Rather than shelling into an always-on box in my dorm or apartment, I
could non-disruptively turn any kiosk PC into my preferred work
environment.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do
Elgin, TX         |  the great things while they are small."