[geeks] What's a good headset with mic

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:35:03 CDT 2014

hike wrote:
> Sridhar,  Thanks for the recommendation.  These look really good.
> Why does the Dennheiser HD 350/260 have two 3.5mm plugs?
> My laptop and desktop have only 1 x 3.5mm/sound port for headphones and
> mic.
> How would that work on my computers--any ideas?

You can use a cable adapter to hook it to your machine.  Or, you can use
a USB sound dongle.  I prefer the latter, because in my experience it
gives better sound, but the cable adapter is a lot cheaper.

Although, these are both expensive headsets, so I'm not sure the savings
vs. the USB sound dongle is even relevant.

Peace...  Sridhar