[geeks] Building a local IMAP server on OpenIndiana

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 5 22:39:18 CST 2014

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014, Angel M Alganza wrote:

>> How you archive it is up to you.  I archive from Mail.app at work[0] by
>> manually by periodically going through every folder and moving
>> everything older than 4 months into a folder with the same name on my
>> archive IMAP server.
>
> A job for cron, don't you think?

Not really.  I can't get at the archive server unless I'm at the office,
so mail that I'm more likely to need to refer to needs to stay where it
is.  Without creating another folder just for that, a cron job would be
suboptimal.

Even at that, it's really worth engineering and testing a solution for
something that takes about 5 minutes per year.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "No matter how much the government controls...any
Elgin, TX         %  problem will be blamed on whatever small zone of