[geeks] vmware, usb, and hubs

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:17:48 CDT 2014

Interesting;

Intel VT-d is enabled in BIOS, and VMware does appear to 'see the USB
devices - when I configure 'DirectPath I/O Configuration I can add the two
USB2 enhanced host controller' devices.

And when I disable VT-d in BIOS VMware tells me 'host does not support
passthrough'.

Again - thanks for the tip.  I guess it's down to a problem with the guest
vm.

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"