[geeks] RAID0+1 and ideas, etc...

Nick B nick at pelagiris.org
Thu Nov 7 10:55:35 CST 2013

Fusionio says "Don't mirror our cards, it's dumb", and in most cases they
are right.  Fairly frequently trying to mirror fusionio cards will result
in a significant performance drop, and they are pretty darn reliable.  Is
your use case so critical that the faint chance of data loss is a killer,
while the likely loss of performance is acceptable?  (then why do you have
fusionio cards?)

Man that was worthless.  I suspect the customer has spent a lot of money on
that third fusionio card, which will buy them next to nothing, but their
approach will work fine for what it is.
Nick