[geeks] Best Cheap Netbook?

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Feb 3 21:09:31 CST 2013

On 2/3/2013 9:42 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii at gmail.com>
> "
> "
> " I'd need to whack Unity with extream
> " prejudice & put on XFCE for my tastes but that shouldn't be that
> " difficult.
>
> xubuntu.org

Or Lubuntu.

Both irritate me though.  First, I don't want an entirely new system
preferences system, especially if the new one is going to feel second
rate.  I want to keep using Gnome's system preferences.

Second, I like launching programs with with hot key then enough of the
name for the system to figure this out.  Unity, Gnome Do, Quicksilver,
Launchy, and Windows 7 all do this nicely.